”Living together, learning from each other”
The aim of School Camps in Finland is to learn more about co-operation and interpersonal skills and to increase environmental awareness.
Adventure activities in the Wild -School Camp
Hosted by Riitta Juusenaho, PhD, Tampere Adult Education Center
location: Varala Sport Education Center
- Arrival and accommodation
- Tampere City tour by bus
- Canoeing on lake Näsijärvi
- Finnish sauna and swimming
- Outdoor activities
- Basics of Finnish education:
how Finnish education system differs from others?
- English by Finnish teachers
- Särkänniemi Amusement park!
- School visits including school lunch
- Adventure camp in Varala (depending on the season)
- Climbing activities, snowshoe walking, long boat rowing, indoor ball games, dance classes, trapeze jump, ice fishing, etc. etc.
- Adventure park Flowpark Varala is located right in the middle of the institute grounds in the heart of the city of Tampere
- What did we learn while camping?
Self evaluation and camp documentation
- Farewell dinner
- Departure back home
All camps are all inclusive camps (accommodation, transportation, breakfast, lunch,dinner, evening snacks etc.)
A cruise to Stockholm or Tallinn can be added to all camps if wanted.
A visit to Lapland can be added to all camps if wanted. It will extend the camp by a few days.
All camps can be designed for different age groups!
The language of all camps is English!