”Living together, learning from each other”
The aim of School Camps in Finland is to learn more about co-operation and interpersonal skills and to increase environmental awareness.
Media skills and Art -School Camp (filming)
Hosted by Riitta Juusenaho, PhD, Tampere Adult Education Center
location Ahlman Education and Service center
- Arrival and accommondation
- City tour
- visiting museums (Spy museum and Game museum)
- Finnish sauna and swimming
- Basics of Finnish education!
- Learn what we do in classrooms and why!
- English lesssons by Finnish teachers
- Särkänniemi Amusement park
- School visits
- Visit to mediapolis: Site observation inc. Pikku Kakkonen stage, YLE news studio, filming Museum
- Coffee break
- Group work and task design (to learn what is project based learning)
- Lunch in Mediapolis Juvenes restaurant
- Filming Project with expert from Mediapoli
- Boat trip to Viikinsaari
- Sauna and swimming, barbecue
- Music festival in downtown
- What did we learn while camping?
Self evaluation and camp documentation
- farewell dinner
- Departure back home
All camps are all inclusive camps (accommodation, transportation, breakfast, lunch,dinner, evening snacks etc.)
A cruise to Stockholm or Tallinn can be added to all camps if wanted.
A visit to Lapland can be added to all camps if wanted. It will extend the camp by a few days.
All camps can be designed for different age groups!
The language of all camps is English!