”Living together, learning from each other”
The aim of School Camps in Finland is to learn more about co-operation and interpersonal skills and to increase environmental awareness.
Wilderness skills and Adventure -School Camp
Hosted by Riitta Juusenaho, PhD, Tampere Adult Education Center
location: Marttinen Youth center, City of Virrat
- Arrival and accommodation in Marttinen Youth Centre
- Youth work in Finland, presentation
- canoeing and rescue skills
- Sauna and swimming
- Campfire and barbecue
- Basics of Finnish education:
how Finnish education system differs from others?
- English lessons by Finnish teachers
- Evening activities by Marttinen
- School visits
- Adventure camp:
Visiting Helvetinjärvi Nationalpark
- Learning wilderness skills!
- Rock climbing, ice climbing, rope hanging, rowing, outdoor activities etc. etc.
- What did we learn while camping?
- Self evaluation and camp documentation
- Farewell dinner
- Departure back home
All camps are all inclusive camps (accommodation, transportation, breakfast, lunch,dinner, evening snacks etc.)
A cruise to Stockholm or Tallinn can be added to all camps if wanted.
A visit to Lapland can be added to all camps if wanted. It will extend the camp by a few days.
All camps can be designed for different age groups!
The language of all camps is English!